Α. RECOGNITION OF AKADIMAIC PROFILE
We give you the steps you need to take to obtain a university e-mail, so that you can register on the e-class platform, where the dates of the courses, notes/slides, announcement and submission of papers, etc.) will be announced.
Your active academic profile during your studies in the Program is mandatory and necessary since the information about the Program is done entirely in your university mail. Your account on eclass.uoa.gr is shared with that of your school email.
- First you need to enter the website https://webadm.uoa.gr/katsika/users/src/app_initial.php
- Apply for a New Account. You select “Application” in “Postgraduate Students”, fill in your personal information and choose the Master’s Program entitled “Applied Risk Management” specializing in “Internal Control” or “Fund and Risk Management“.
- Select “Next Step”
- Save the Protocol Number and Pin that appears to you.
- Finally, you print the page with your details by clicking print and send it to the signed Master’s e-mail.
- The e-mail will be activated in 3-4 days after the competent service has been notified by us of your application.
- To track the progress of your application, you can enter the same page after 3-4 days, with the Protocol Number and Pin you have saved.
Your account on eclass.uoa.gr is shared with that of your school email. That is, you enter the e-Class with the same username and password that you have in the email of the firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access your email, we refer you here: https://webmail.noc.uoa.gr/src/login.php
Your entry into the online class of the Thematic Modules will be made by us after your account is activated, according to the Modules you have chosen to attend in the current academic year.
Regarding the acquisition of academic identity we refer you here: https://submit-academicid.minedu.gov.gr/Common/PostGraduateRegistration.aspx, as you submit your application.
Procedure for the submission of diplomatic
Step 1: Approval of work and receipt of a form by the Secretariat of the Department
After the approval and graduation of the work, students receive from the secretariat of the Department of their School, a form in 2 copies, including:
- Certification of approval of the work or doctoral thesis
- Responsible declaration of deposit of the author granting to the Library and Information Centre (BKP) the non-exclusive permission to make available the approved undergraduate work, postgraduate dissertation and doctoral thesis via the internet and a solemn declaration of deposit in the Digital Repository of a faithful copy in PDF format.
- Declaration of possible spatial restriction of access to the full text, only within the network of our University or restriction of access to the full text for 6 months without justification. If the student wishes not to have access to the full text for a period of one year, because there are special reasons, he submits an application to the library explaining in detail the reasons and chooses, on the form, to restrict access to the full text for one year (it concerns both postgraduate diplomatic and graduate work).
- Declaration of possible spatial restriction of access to the full text only within the network of our University or time limitation of access to the full text up to 36 months with simple written justification to the Library. In case the student wishes not to access the full text for more than 36 months, because there are special reasons, he/she submits an application to the library explaining in detail the reasons and chooses, in the form, to restrict access to the full text for 48 months or for exceptional reasons to restrict access to the full text without a time limit (it concerns only doctoral theses).
- Application to the library to check the correct completion of the mandatory data and successful posting in the digital repository.
Step 2: Workflow during the process of posting the task to the platform
The workflow steps of the student during the process of posting the work on the Digital Repository platform and the actions of the Library:
- The student visits the website of the platform: http://pergamos.lib.uoa.gr/
- Selects the “Sign in” link (top right) to be taken to “Personalized Services”
- From there it selects the link/key “Connect via CAS” and is transferred to the central user identification page through the Network Operation and Management Centre (KEY) of the ECSC. As there they are required to enter their user name, password as is the case for any service/application of the ECSC that requires user sign-in and identification, it is necessary for students to have an active account at the EKPA so that they can access personalized services/procedures (if they do not have an account they will have to create, by visiting the website http://webadm.uoa.gr).
Caution: The account should be correctly linked to the Department or Direction of the MSC that the student is attending (otherwise they will have to correct account information made again from the http://webadm.uoa.gr website).
- After the user has successfully signed in, his/her account details and available service options are displayed. If he has the right to deposit a job, he selects the link “Electronic Deposit” where it is transferred to a new page, on which he can explicitly start the filing process by selecting the “Start deposit” button (at each step of the process within the platform, clear and detailed instructions are provided).
- The student, during the completion of the appropriate inventory, may temporarily store the card until its final submission.
- The student who submits a degree or postgraduate dissertation and wants to restrict access to the full text has three options:
- Access to the full text only within the ECSC network.
- Restriction on full text access for 6 months.
- Choose to restrict access to the full text for 6 months and submit an application (see relevant template) to the library, detailing the specific reasons for restricting access to the full text for one year. In this case the library forwards the applications to the Electoral Council of the School’s Library House and if the application is approved then and only then the Library chooses to limit the work for one year. If the application is rejected by the Electoral Council, work to complete the 6-month time limit will be available to all.
- After the submission of the student, he/she is informed of the deposit of the work by e-mail.
- The submitted work is checked as to the correctness of the data in the mandatory fields (documentation metadata and placement of digital material in pdf format) by library staff. The file must not be locked and in its final format.
- After checking, from the library, the completion of the mandatory fields with the prescribed data and the posting of the work in pdf format, if errors are found then the student is informed, by e-mail, and corrects or completes the prescribed data and repeats the post. When the Library determines the correct completion and posting of the work or doctoral thesis, then the deposition is approved and the work or doctoral thesis is included in the collection of the “Grey Bibliography” of the Digital Repository. Then and only then are all parties involved informed electronically (library, student, supervising professor and the Secretariat).
- The platform creates a certificate of deposit of the work attached to the above e-mail.
The supported process offers implementation flexibility to better adapt to the requirements of those involved.
At the end of the selected and approved time constraint the full text will be available to everyone online.
It is recalled that, while the deposit of a dissertation or doctoral thesis is compulsory for the swearing-in and the receipt of the relevant diploma, the deposit of the graduate work is optional (it is left to the decisions and the functioning of the respective Department of the EKPA).
Step 3: Completion of the deposit and receipt of the certificate, by the student.
After 3 (three) working days from the day of filing the certificate – application in the library and posting the work in the repository, the student goes to the library and receives a signed copy of the application – certificate, and submits it to the Secretariat of the Department of his School so that he can submit an application for oath.
- In cases of restriction of free access to the full text, only the documentation of the work (i.e. data on the author and the work, the summary of the text, keywords, etc.) shall be available.
- In any case, free access to the full text helps institutions and authors to gain immediate recognition in their research production and the use of their research results increases.
- Depositing in the Digital Repository and free access to the full text protects and enshrines authors from plagiarism risks