Director of the Postgraduate Program
Dimitris Kenourgios is Professor of Finance at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (NKUA), Department of Economics. He is Deputy Chairman of the Department of Economics / NKUA as well as of the temporary steering committee of the Department of Ports Management and Shipping at the NKUA. He is also Director of the MSc in Applied Risk Management and the UoA Center for Financial Studies. He received a BSc degree from NKUA, Department of Economics (1995), MSc degree in Money, Banking and Finance from the University of Birmingham (UK), Department of Economics (1996), and PhD degree in Finance from the NKUA, Department of Economics (2000). He has taught at the Athens University of Economics and Business (Department of Accounting and Finance and Department of International and European Economic Studies), the University of Piraeus (Department of Banking and Financial Management), the University of Thessaly (Department of Economics), the Hellenic Open University, the Open University of Cyprus, the Piraeus University of Applied Science, the University of Kentucky MBA in Greece and at master programs organized by the University of Strathclyde (UK) and University of Wales (UK) in Greece. Among other journals, his work appears in Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, International Review of Financial Analysis, The European Journal of Finance, Small Business Economics, International Journal of Finance and Economics, Economic Modelling, International Review of Economics and Finance, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Journal of Multinational Financial Management, North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Journal of Policy Modeling, International Journal of Banking, Accounting and Finance, Resources Policy, The Manchester School, Applied Financial Economics, Research in International Business and Finance, Finance Research Letters, Multinational Finance Journal, Journal of Economic Studies, Journal of Economics and Finance, Applied Economics Letters. His research work has also been presented extensively in international academic conferences. He has served as a referee in several academic journals, and a member of editorial advisory boards of international academic journals. He has an extensive experience in consulting, executive training and e-learning services in the areas of investments, financial derivatives, capital markets and corporate finance. His research interests cover the following topics: Financial contagion; Emerging financial markets; SMEs; Alternative investments; Financial modelling; Quantitative easing; Risk management
- Spyros Papathanasiou, Dimitris Kenourgios, Drosos Koutsokostas, Georgios Pergeris (2022) “Can treasury inflation protected securities safeguard investors from outward risk spillovers? A portfolio hedging strategy through the prism of COVID-19”, Journal of Asset Management, https://doi.org/10.1057/s41260-022-00292-y.
- Bikramaditya Ghosh, Spyros Papathanasiou, Vandita Dar, D. Kenourgios (2022) “Deconstruction of the Green Bubble during Covid-19: International Evidence”, Sustainability, 14, 3466.
- Ch. Alexakis, D. Kenourgios, V. Pappas, Athina Petropoulou (2021) “From dotcom to Covid-19: A convergence analysis of Islamic investments”, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 75, 101423.
- D.Kenourgios and I. Samios (2021) “Halloween effect and active fund management”, The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Volume 80, pp. 534-544.
- Savvakis, D. Kenourgios, Th. Papageorgiou (2021) “Is political risk a driver of listed SMEs leverage?” Applied Economics Letters, Vol. 28, No. 16, 1382-1385.
- Fassas, D. Kenourgios, S. Papadamou (2021) “U.S. Unconventional Monetary Policy and Risk Tolerance in Major Currency Markets”. The European Journal of Finance, Volume 27, Issue 10, 994-1008.
- Savvakis, D. Kenourgios, Th. Papageorgiou (2021) “To EMU or not to EMU: Can TFP “provoke” the capital structure puzzle of SMEs?” International Journal of Finance and Economics, Volume 26, Issue 2, pp. 2595-2611.
- Papadamou, A. Fassas, D. Kenourgios and D. Dimitriou (2021) “Flight-to-quality between global stock and bond markets in the COVID era”, Finance Research Letters, Volume 38, 101852.
- Zaghum Umar, D. Kenourgios, S. Papathanasiou (2020) “The static and dynamic connectedness of environmental, social, and governance investments: International evidence”, Economic Modelling, 93, pp. 112-124.
- Dimitriou, D. Kenourgios, T. Simos (2020) “Are there any other safe haven assets? Evidence for “exotic” and alternative assets”. International Review of Economics and Finance, 69, pp. 614-628.
- Samitas, E. Kampouris, D. Kenourgios (2020) “Machine Learning as an Early Warning System to Predict Financial Crisis”. International Review of Financial Analysis, 71, 101507.
- Papadamou, A. Fassas, D. Kenourgios (2021) “Evaluating survey-based forecasts of interest rates and macroeconomic variables”, Journal of Economic Studies, forthcoming.
- Savvakis, D. Kenourgios, Th. Papageorgiou (2020) “Is political risk a driver of listed SMEs leverage?” Applied Economics Letters, forthcoming.
- Savvakis, D. Kenourgios, Th. Papageorgiou (2020) “To EMU or not to EMU: Can TFP “provoke” the capital structure puzzle of SMEs?” International Journal of Finance and Economics, forthcoming.
- Fassas, D. Kenourgios, S. Papadamou (2020) “U.S. Unconventional Monetary Policy and Risk Tolerance in Major Currency Markets”. The European Journal of Finance, forthcoming.
Office Address: Grypario Megaron, Sophocleous 1 & Aristeidou, Athens, PC 105 59, 5th floor, office 512
Tel.: +30 210-3689449 (office)
Linkedin profile: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/dimitris-kenourgios/36/9a8/b16